Region 4 Vice Presidents (two-year term expiring August 2019)
Tech Center – Betty Lowrance
Currently, I teach the Digital Media Production program at Gordon Cooper Technology Center – Seminole Campus. I have taught this program for eleven years. Students in my class study Multimedia or Game Design. Multimedia students study graphic design, animation, photography, video editing and video production. Game Design students study graphic design, animation, 3D modeling, game mechanics and computer programming. Students work independently and in collaborative teams to learn skills and complete projects.
Previously, I taught the Cisco Academy at Gordon Cooper Technology Center – Shawnee Campus for three years. The Cisco Networking Academy courses included IT Essentials and CISCO CCNA. IT Essential courses included computer repair, computer operating systems and Comptia A+ preparation. Cisco CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) courses included network models, cable installation, routing, switching, LANS, WANS, network configurations, access control lists and cybersecurity. I communicated and networked with business and industry to develop a pathway of employment for students.
- BMITE Member – 15 Year
- BMITE Executive Team – Scholarship Committee Member – 5 Years
- National Board Certified Teacher – 2007, 2016
- Oklahoma Department of Career and Technical Education (ODCTE) Conference Speaker – 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
- ESRI Teachers Teaching Teachers Geographic Information Systems (GIS) – ESRI Redlands, CA – 2015
- ISM Films – 2011 – Hollywood, CA – Wrote Fund for Teachers grant, worked on film crew, created short film, trained in film industry with professionals
- CEAC – Member of National BPA Classroom Educators Advisory Council – 2002-2005
- Cisco CCNA Certification – 2004
High School – Kristi Loftin, Byng High School
For the last five years I have taught Business Technology classes in the high school through a CareerTech Program. In May 2016 I completed my Masters of Education, Secondary Education (Educational Technology). My favorite form of professional development is an Ed Camp. I have attended several Ed Camps and have had the honor of working with other educators in hosting them.